Monday, January 5, 2009

Help

This is a part of my memoir..
Where can I add dialouge here:

Izabela Baranowska 1/5/09
„Izabela, get into your seat,” the teacher yelled.
„OK” I responded, stomping to my seat and glaring at the floor.
People would find the most surprising thing about me was that I never used to pay attention. I
used to misbehave and talk during class. I never thought that listening would be as important as
it is now. Now I understand why I needed to listen.
When I was younger, I didn’t understand the importance of listening, but after not being able
to complete my homework because my mom didnt understand, I understood.
„When I was little, I didn’t get an option to learn english, and now I wish I did. When I was a kid,
I never thought of growing up and moving to America, so I never learned english. After moving
to America I can see why I should’ve learned,” my mother said with a sigh.
After hearing what my mom had to say, I decided to be more careful and listen. I never
noticed how lucky I was before. I always thought of school to be just a thing you go to. When
my mother told me about her childhood, I learned to discipline myself. Whenever I was in class,
I behaved and listened. I learned that since I could discipline myself, I could listen and be a
better person.
Now I can understand why I had to behave and discipline myself. I can use discipline in the
future to help me get into a good high school or learn more to get to college. I can understand
how my mom wants me to learn and have a better life than she had. Maybe before, I didn’t
understand the importance but now I do.

No comments: